In order to better support the major research work of the Global Energy Interconnection, the Global Energy Interconnection Development and Cooperation Organization (GEIDCO) now publicly issue this Call for Applications: GEIDCO Research Projects (GRPs) 2020 as follows.
I. Research Project Topics
1. Research on Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Reduction In Energy Sector
2. Research on Cooperation Policy Mechanism of Transnational and Transcontinental Clean Energy Power Interconnection and Trade
3. Research of Investment and Financing Modes for Co-Development 0f Electricity, Mining, Metallurgy, Manufacturing and Trade
4. “Energy, Information and Transportation Integration (EITI)” Development Formation Outlook and Application Scenario Research
5. Technical and Economic Research on the Production and Transmission of Hydrogen and Methane Produced from Clean Energy Power Generation
For more information about the research content and requirements, please refer to the Appendix I.
II. Application Requirements
1. The applicant must have a strong research team that are feasible to complete the project. In principle, the applicant shall be colleges/universities, research institutes, organizations, think tanks, etc.. The applicant should have participated in the research of the relevant technical fields of the project, and the research results are of high quality and good reputation. Personal application is not accepted.
2. The person in charge of the applicant team (project leader) should have the professional title of Associate Professor/Research Associate or above, be responsible for the research team and the whole research process, and be responsible for substantive research work.
3. The application period is from May 20 to June 3, 2020, subject to the receive date of the application e-mail.
4. The applicant shall truthfully fill in the GEIDCO Research Projects (GRPs) 2020 Application Form(Appendix 2) , and the first page of the application form shall be affixed with the official seal of the application institute and signed by the person in charge of the applicant team. The application form should be sent to the contact person of the GRPs by e-mail.
5. The research results of the project shall not infringe upon the intellectual property rights and other rights of any third party. The intellectual property rights of the research results of the GRPs are owned by GEIDCO.
III. Project Implementation
1. GEIDCO will select the project undertakers based on the application forms, notify the undertakers, and sign the project contracts in June. Those who are not selected will not be notified.
2.The implementation period is from the date of signing the contract to the end of December 2020.
3. GEIDCO will provide research funds of no more than 400,000 Chinese Yuan for each project.
Global Energy Interconnection Development
and Cooperation Organization (GEIDCO)
May 20, 2020